CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 am

All my inside decorations are down and safely packed away. I did leave a couple Christmas scented candles out. I'll use them throughout the year. :singing:
Image
User avatar
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant
 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:Got out at daylight this morning to take care of the farm chores. The mud is much easier to get around in when it's half frozen. At least the cold temps are making it feel like Christmas. :cold:


Yes I agree about half-frozen mud CK. And anytime it feels like Christmas to me -- in the land of 110 average temps 6 months a year - I dance with delight too! :snowdance:
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:02 pm

We've definitely decided to keep our Christmas decorations up inside the house through most of January. When we hit 80F; temps in a few weeks it will be time. CK you're amazing to have packed all yours away before January 1st. :D
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 pm

The post goals are fine with me. I think 1500 by Christmas in July too. This forum was set up to post all year so that is not too high of a goal. My philosophy has always been the higher the goal, the more you work toward it. BUT it can always be adjusted upward or downward. The old rule is broken for the better. And anyone can start the new year thread -- just January 1st.
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Home from work with a busy afternoon. Went to Home Depot foe new filter as I plan on running the furnace tonight. Packed away outdoor Christmas decorations. And my awesome nephew replaced our broken garage door handle/lock. It had broken Christmas evening.

There is something sad about taking down Christmas ... indoor or outdoor. The porch & doors look so plain. Just another reason to keep up Christmas inside the house. :think:
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:56 am

It's the Eve of a brand New Year. Hope everyone enjoys the last day of 2015. And the best wishes for all my Christmas friends in 2016. :happyny:
Image
User avatar
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant
 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Noel+ wrote:Home from work with a busy afternoon. Went to Home Depot foe new filter as I plan on running the furnace tonight. Packed away outdoor Christmas decorations. And my awesome nephew replaced our broken garage door handle/lock. It had broken Christmas evening.

There is something sad about taking down Christmas ... indoor or outdoor. The porch & doors look so plain. Just another reason to keep up Christmas inside the house. :think:


I will leave up most of the stuff until January 20. We leave the red curtains up until Valentine's day. I cleared the table and put away the good christmas dishes and it is now set with melmac new Year's dishes I brought with me from Texas. We are looking forward to a nice quiet evening at home with the cats and going out to O'Leary's tomorrow and to see Star Wars. Happy New Year to all my Christmas friends! :happyny:

For your New Year's eve listening pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uJRd_9uOQ0
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
User avatar
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:15 am
Location: too far from Texas

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:23 pm

CandyKane wrote:It's the Eve of a brand New Year. Hope everyone enjoys the last day of 2015. And the best wishes for all my Christmas friends in 2016. :happyny:


Happy New Years Eve CandyKane!

We too are having a quiet Eve. Right now we're watching A Dog Named Christmas on Hallmark the last time til next November. Tonight is family with eggnog & cookies.

A day for gratitude; reflection & prayers. :happyny:
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Home from work with a busy afternoon. Went to Home Depot foe new filter as I plan on running the furnace tonight. Packed away outdoor Christmas decorations. And my awesome nephew replaced our broken garage door handle/lock. It had broken Christmas evening.

There is something sad about taking down Christmas ... indoor or outdoor. The porch & doors look so plain. Just another reason to keep up Christmas inside the house. :think:


I will leave up most of the stuff until January 20. We leave the red curtains up until Valentine's day. I cleared the table and put away the good christmas dishes and it is now set with melmac new Year's dishes I brought with me from Texas. We are looking forward to a nice quiet evening at home with the cats and going out to O'Leary's tomorrow and to see Star Wars. Happy New Year to all my Christmas friends! :happyny:

For your New Year's eve listening pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uJRd_9uOQ0


Happy New Years Eve Jolly. A quiet evening is perfect to me. Enjoy Star Wars tomorrow as you & Perky begin the new year together. :happyny:
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:It's the Eve of a brand New Year. Hope everyone enjoys the last day of 2015. And the best wishes for all my Christmas friends in 2016. :happyny:


Happy New Years Eve CandyKane!

We too are having a quiet Eve. Right now we're watching A Dog Named Christmas on Hallmark the last time til next November. Tonight is family with eggnog & cookies.

A day for gratitude; reflection & prayers. :happyny:


egg nog and cookies sound Christmas perfect. I did not make any eggnog this year. Maybe for epiphany. or our "undecorating party", now that is an idea......... :think:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
User avatar
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:15 am
Location: too far from Texas

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:12 pm

Happy New Year Friends!!!
Here's to a blessed 2016.

:happyny:
Image
User avatar
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant
 
Posts: 12590
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:08 pm
Location: Warner Robins, GA

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Happy New Year Friends!!!
Here's to a blessed 2016.

:happyny:

And to you too my Christmas friend! :happyny:
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:36 pm

3133 total Christmas posts for 2015!!

The next poster starts our new thread for 2016!!!

:birthballoon: :bdline: :birthballoon:
Image




I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
User avatar
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors
 
Posts: 16123
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Winter Wonderland

Previous

Return to Holiday Chatter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron